Who we are
- College of Social Studies (formerly Institute of Dev’t Research), Addis Ababa University;
- Hararghe Catholic Secretariat (HCS)
- International Water & Sanitation Centre (IRC),
Soon after the termination of the ODI led RiPPLE programmme in June 2011, HCS, which then hosted this programme, helped in RiPPLE’s evolvement into an indigenous NGO. RiPPLE was, therefore registered as a national residents charity organization by the Ethiopian Charities & Societies Agency and has, since April 2012, began operating as an independent national NGO.
Network and development partners
As ODI led programme, RiPPLE had fourteen (14) Network Partners:
- Benishangul-Gumuz Water Bureau, Ethiopia;
- British Geological Survey (BGS), UK;
- Ethiopian Catholic Secretariat;
- Ethiopia Country Water Partnership (ECWP), Ethiopia;
- Institute of Development Studies (IDS), University of Sussex, UK;
- International Water Management Institute (IWMI), Ethiopia;
- MetaMeta Consulting, the Netherlands;
- Nekemte Hosana Catholic Secretariat; Ethiopia;
- Oromia Water Bureau, Ethiopia;
- Practical Action,;Kenya and UK;
- Research and Development Department of the Federal Ministry of Water Resources, Ethiopia;
- Sodo Hosana Catholic Secretariat, Ethiopia;
- Southern Nations and Nationalities Peoples Region (SNNPR) Water Bureau, Ethiopia; and
- Water and Sanitation Programme (WSP), Ethiopia and Africa Region.
In addition to the above, RiPPLE presently partners with many national, international and multinational government and non-government organizations including: Ethiopian Ministries of Water & Energy, Health, Education, etc. and their regional representative bureaux, the Ethiopian Catholic Secretariat and its constituent diocesan coordination offices, Northern (Dutch) partner organizations such as the RAIN Foundation, IRC, ETC, WASTE, the Waterboards, ICCO, Kerk in Actie, Hunze en Aas, RUAF, Dutch WASH Alliance, the Kingdom of the Netherlands Embassy in Ethiopia, DFID, UNICEF, UNESCO, SNV, Tufts University, MetaMeta Consulting, the MUS Group, and many other national NGOs. In addition to these, RiPPLE is an active participant in several networks including the Ministry of Water & Energy led Multi Stakeholder Forum (MSF), the CCRDA led Wash Sector Forum (WSF), the Poverty Action Network in Ethiopia (PANE) led stakeholders forum, the ILRI led National Land & Water Management Forum, etc. RiPPLE additionally serves as member in several technical working groups and task forces.
Page last updated 20 Feb 2013