How can budget formulation, approval, implementation and monitoring be improved to tackle the problem of low utilisation of WASH budgets?
The Key question the budget process sub-LARS intends to address are:
- in how far are UAP targets relating to the water and sanitation sector reflected in Regional and Wereda budgets (formulation and approval process);
- assess which channels (Government, donors, NGOs) are most likely to allow effective use of funds by the sector;
- assess trends in budget allocation and utilisation for WSS by Regional and Wereda governments, what accounts for the particular trends, what are the bottlenecks and how can they be addressed;
- whether or not the budgeting process is participatory;
- how the budget, once approved, is actually utilised; and
- if and how the WSS budget output and outcome are monitored.
Page last updated 28 Aug 2009
|Working Paper 19 Assessment of budget in the water sector: A case study of two selected woredas in Oromia Regional State (Babile and Goro-Gutu)|